Helpful Tips and Tricks:
- Remember that young people participate for pleasure, and winning is only part of the fun.
- Never ridicule or yell at a young player for making a mistake or not coming first.
- Be reasonable in your demands on players' time, energy and enthusiasm
- Operate within the rules and spirit of your sport and teach your players to do the same
- Ensure that the time players spend with you is a positive experience. All young people are deserving of equal attention and opportunities
- Avoid overplaying the talented players; the "just average" need and deserve equal time.
- Display control, respect and professionalism to all involved with the sport. This includes opponents, coaches, officials, administrators, parents and spectators. Encourage players to do the same.
- Show concern and caution towards sick and injured players. Follow the advice of first aid when determining whether an injured player is ready to recommence training or competition.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every young person regardless of their gender, ability or cultural background.